Monday, May 26, 2008
Thursday, May 22, 2008
- Strength of Character: My grandmother believed that living your life right and doing things the right way was the only way of life. She never tried or did cheat anyone or anything.
- Strength in Giving: My grandmother showed no bias and would give to anyone. She was fortunate enough to be in a position to give and she did not take that responsibility lightly. It didn't matter whether the person was black or white, poor or rich, beautiful or not so beautiful, she just gave. Such a hard thing for most of us to do.
- Strength of Faith: For as long as I can remember I see that large print Bible with her writings in it sitting next to her chair at her house. She was a faithful servant of our LORD and SAVIOR and I know that right now she's in Heaven planting her garden.
- Strength in Love: My grandmother seemed to have tapped in to that unconditional love thing. She could love without reason, with reason, and for no reason. You see even if she had been wronged, and I'm sure in her life she had been many times she still had the capacity to love.
- Strength of Mind: While the family might giggle at this one, you see my grandmother could come up with some crazy stuff from time to time, she has always been of strong mind. She was a very intelligent woman, a school teacher for close to 40 years of her life.
- Strength of Body: As I have began etching my grandmother's memory into my mind, I can still see her walking out of the garden with her hoe in her straw hat. She was what some would have called a "tough old bird." She never stopped, she always kept going whether it was the garden, or taking care of her siblings, or dealing with her rental property, she was just strong.
I could probably go on for days about the Strength that my grandmother possessed in one body. In my sadness, I mourn her loss, knowing that I won't see her at family get-togethers, doing the things that she loved to do, but as a Christian I celebrate knowing that she has reached her final destination and someday mine. I love you Maw Maw, I'll see you someday!