Monday, May 26, 2008

The Honeymooners





So, now that life is a little more settled I'll give a quick report on the honey moon. I know I'm leaving out the wedding, but we don't really have any pictures yet, so I'll post them when I have some. All you really need to know about the wedding is that it was the most beautiful wedding that ever was :), and no I am not partial at all!


Anyway back to the subject, we went on a cruise that stopped in Cozumel and Calica. It was absolutely gorgeous there, the water indescribable. It really made you think about how much GOD pays attention to every little detail, but that's another sermon.

Neither of us had ever been on a cruise before so it was definitely an experience that we will never forget. There is something to be said for fine dining and a 24-hour soft serve ice cream machine! We saw lots of very, very, very interesting people (to say the least), but perhaps the most memorable part of our honeymoon cruise was the bed...now don't go and tune out thinking I'm going to share about you know being married and all, not even gonna touch that one, but I would like to share what I hope you will find as humorous as we eventually did. When we stepped into our cabin on the ship we were astounded to see that we would be sharing a twin bed! Yes, there was another one, but it was hanging from the wall. I didn't take much convincing that it was going to be ok, I mean what else are you going to do? Steve however, took a little more convincing! Anyway, that's all I've got for now.

7 comments:

Sarah Sharp said...

I still can't believe you didn't ask for another room! I can tell by those big smiles that you had a good time anyway! BTW the soft serve ice cream was my fave on the ship. Did you by chance have the chocolate melting cake at dinner one night? If not, you missed out!

The Ruffins said...

I just looked at a girl's blog where she painted canvases and sold them. Just an idea to plug into your creative head..... Hope you are doing well. OH, and I'll be in Columbus July 26-August 1 so hopefully I can stop by and say hey!

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!! I hope all is well. So happy for you both!!,

Sam's blog said...

hey mrs.OGLESBY me and brady got a blog!
-sam t.

The Ruffins said...

Hey. I'll be home the week of July 27th. I'm coming to see you so be ready! :)
Miss you!

Marilyn Bowen said...

Hello Steve and Lea Ann. Congratulations...this is Marilyn Sesser Bowen. I have loved finding tracks of you and others. I saw your mom and dad (Steve) not too long ago and told me about your upcoming wedding. I passed the news on to Brandon. Visit my blog to see what we are up to.
Marilyn

Brooke Ann said...

Hey Mrs.Oglesby I know this is nothing about yalls honeymoon but I am going to miss you not being my art teacher lol!!!Well hope you have some fun kids like...Me,Sam,Brady,Mary Grace,And Eric...Eric was CRAZY!!!And bugged me but he's funny...lol well we are going to miss you so bad...Hope you had a great summer and a wonderful year...