Wednesday, September 17, 2008
1. I love to vaccuum. If I could do it everyday, I would. Fortunately, time doesn't always allow me to, so I'm not one of those freaky people yet.
2. When I make up the bed, even if I'm about to get in it, I don't want there to be any wrinkles. No NOT one!
3. I have my own language. I make up words all the time. Really I take other words and make them my own, but it makes my students ask me what language I'm speaking, and if I'm feeling frisky I say my words really fast, it drives them wild.
4. It is a sad, sad day for me if I miss Wheel-of-Fortune. I could live without TV if it weren't for Wheel-of-Fortune. Someday, I'm going to play and make lots of money.
5. I am quickly becoming a Rock Band junkie. Do they have a 10-step program for that?
6. I don't like sweet tea or hot dogs. My dad used to tell me I was communist, call it what you want to, I just don't like it.
Friday, August 29, 2008
a blog to tell the world how lucky I am. He takes care of me, loves me when I'm not so loveable (hard to imagine I know), and makes me laugh or tries to every few minutes. The picture above is my Steve and his pretty legs in a pair of way streched out ballet flats that I chose not to wear after Tuesday of this week when they gave me the worst blisters of my life! So for entertainment Steve did a little routine for me. I know all you ladies out there are a little jealous about now, but sorry he's mine! I love this man more than anything!
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Friday, July 25, 2008
Sunday we did a little exploring in downtown Atlanta and visited the "New World of Coke," much better than the first one if I do say so myself. If you ever get a chance to go make sure to go to the 4-D theater. The seats move and wind blows and you get poked and everything. It was really neat. Not to mention that coke tasting...over 64 different coke products from around the world. I tried a few, but I think I'll just stick to my Sprite Zero and Fresca. Steve, tried a few more than I did, but I think he's satisfied with just plain Coke. Daniel on the other hand tried all 64.
We don't have children but do have nephews and a niece. For you mom's out there who know what happens when you give little kids pasta I'm sure you are secretly laughing inside because you know what is to come. Shane stopped by with the kids a few weeks ago and they decided they wanted to stay and eat with me and Steve when they saw the pasta spoon in my hand. Of course we thought we were up for the challenge, but two weeks later I was still finding little red pasta fingerprints throughout the house. How they do it, I don't know, but these little creatures leave their mark everywhere. I'm posting some pictures of their visit. Although we love and cherish these wonderful children, and just in case any of you were wondering we are not planning on having children anytime soon.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Thursday, May 22, 2008
- Strength of Character: My grandmother believed that living your life right and doing things the right way was the only way of life. She never tried or did cheat anyone or anything.
- Strength in Giving: My grandmother showed no bias and would give to anyone. She was fortunate enough to be in a position to give and she did not take that responsibility lightly. It didn't matter whether the person was black or white, poor or rich, beautiful or not so beautiful, she just gave. Such a hard thing for most of us to do.
- Strength of Faith: For as long as I can remember I see that large print Bible with her writings in it sitting next to her chair at her house. She was a faithful servant of our LORD and SAVIOR and I know that right now she's in Heaven planting her garden.
- Strength in Love: My grandmother seemed to have tapped in to that unconditional love thing. She could love without reason, with reason, and for no reason. You see even if she had been wronged, and I'm sure in her life she had been many times she still had the capacity to love.
- Strength of Mind: While the family might giggle at this one, you see my grandmother could come up with some crazy stuff from time to time, she has always been of strong mind. She was a very intelligent woman, a school teacher for close to 40 years of her life.
- Strength of Body: As I have began etching my grandmother's memory into my mind, I can still see her walking out of the garden with her hoe in her straw hat. She was what some would have called a "tough old bird." She never stopped, she always kept going whether it was the garden, or taking care of her siblings, or dealing with her rental property, she was just strong.
I could probably go on for days about the Strength that my grandmother possessed in one body. In my sadness, I mourn her loss, knowing that I won't see her at family get-togethers, doing the things that she loved to do, but as a Christian I celebrate knowing that she has reached her final destination and someday mine. I love you Maw Maw, I'll see you someday!
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Friday, April 4, 2008
So we have officially entered into the final countdown stage. As of yesterday we had 30 days until the wedding. We are both so excited and can't wait to start our lives together. However, this is an absolutely CRAZY time! There is so much to be done and not enough time to do it. My mother says, "Lea Ann you need to rest..." And I wonder, WHEN? Anyway GOD is good, and HE is showing me how wonderful my life really is.
The blessings of friendship is so sweet. We (Alyssa, Haven, Cathryn, and I) hosted a shower for our friend Sarah this past weekend. It was work yes, but I don't think my heart has felt such rest and joy in the midst of chaos in a long time. The comfort in laughter and good friends is probably one of life's most wonderful remedies. I know that my spirits were so uplifted. Another breath of fresh air came when my dear friend Megan came during her spring break. She is now headed back to Florida where she thinks she belongs ;). I don't know what she was thinking when she up and went away.
To top it all off we also had our church shower this weekend and I still stand amazed as I write thank you note after thank you note at how blessed we truly are. We have been blessed with so much more than we need, I stand in awe. That's all I can say. I hope and pray that GOD is giving you those little or big reminders that show all of the glorious things HE has given you.
I'm posting some pictures from the weekends festivities, and want to take time to name one more blessing since I seem to be counting them 1 by 1....Our mothers. I see more and more everyday how much our mothers (and fathers too) do and sacrifice for us. Every time I turn around they are doing something else for us, not them, for us. It really just makes me want to cry. We don't ask, they just do. The love that they have for us doesn't seem possible, but praise be to my FATHER because I wouldn't have it any other way. Want to leave you with just a little advice that my mom shared with us girls one day. We asked her how we could repay her for all that she does and she said, "Do it for your children." I hope that I will be like that...for what it's worth!
Monday, March 24, 2008
We spent Saturday at the ball park, it's that time again. The boys are off to a pretty good start, by the end of the season they'll be winning them all!
Thanks for all the prayers for my grandmother, she's out of the hospital now and doing better. We're all learning to deal with the fact that she will never be the same old Maw Maw that we've always known, but are thankful that she's sleeping and eating better. We now know that along with the diabetes and kidney problems that she has congestive heart failure. They say she it will only worsen with time, but that we could still have many months and maybe years with her. She came back to Columbus for a visit this weekend. We had 10 people sleeping at our house....quite interesting to say the least!
Thursday, March 13, 2008
So have I mentioned lately how busy life can get? I didn't know it could go this fast! Although things are incredibly busy I'm trying to take it one day at a time, I don't want to miss any of life's "little moments." We took engagement pictures this week courtesy of the most wonderful cousin in the world :) I'm posting a couple of the ones that he left me...sneaky kid, he wants to "edit" the rest.
I also want to make a petition to all you prayer warriors out there. My grandmother is back in the hospital again and not doing too well. My prayer is that I won't be selfish and to pray for God's will in regards to her...but I'm struggling with this a little, she's my last grandparent and by golly, I want her at my wedding. Anyway, please keep her and my family in your prayers.
Friday, March 7, 2008
I've also now had 3 showers in less than seven days! Talk about a whirl-wind. It's really fun getting presents, and so touching to know that people care enough to give. The LORD has blessed us with so much. It's really not the gifts, although I'm not giving them back, but the people who have really made me feel so special and loved. So on behalf of Steve and me, we love you all and thank each and everyone of you from the bottoms of our heart for your love and support. I'll post more pictures from the showers this weekend, I don't have my camera with me, sorry! By the way, we are now set on hand mixers, we have 3 so if you need one just let us know;)