Thursday, May 3, 2012

We Forgot




You know you love someone when you can't remember your life before they came in to it. That's how I feel about my Steve. Maybe it's sappy, maybe I'm just a star struck girl who is googly eyed over my handsome red head, but to me it's love, real L-O-V-E, love. I have memories as a single person, but I don't remember what life feels like with out him. He is my best friend, my shoulder, my sounding board, my laughter, my carpenter, and more often than I would like to admit he is my sense of reason. 4 years ago, Steven Lee Oglesby, became my husband. 4 years ago today, I became a little less selfish. 4 years ago today I became a wife. 4 years ago today, I started the rest of my life. Steve, thank you for knowing all of me, and still loving me.

Now on to the realities of marriage and the funny/sunny side of life: Steve and I both realized Monday that today was our anniversary only because a dear friend sent an anniversary card. Yeah, life is busy. What's a good wife to do? Well, I'll tell you. You look lovingly in to your husbands eyes and say, "Honey, I love you but I forgot about our anniversary and I have nothing for you." At which point in time he will probably smile, look lovingly in to your eyes, breathe a sigh of relief and say, "Honey, I love you too, but I don't have anything for you either." Now that's love. Happy anniversary Stevie Lee!

3 comments:

Penny Leigh said...

Yep! I'm laughing! The first post-baby anniversary. Ours was March 25th. (We went out on our first post-baby date. No cards or flowers though this year! I was glad for a shower and makeup!) Congratulations to you two love birds!

Haven said...

How funny! So precious!

Rebecca Ulrich said...

So funny! Bruce and my 6 year is coming up this weekend. He is going to be out of town!