Friday, August 5, 2011

Nursery News "Issue 1"

So I don't want anyone to think that I wanted to have a child just so I could have an excuse to decorate a nursery, something I have always wanted to do.  It just happens to be an added bonus.  I mean really, what woman doesn't dream about decorating a baby's room?  I would be lying if I didn't admit that I was looking for ideas long before we even began talking about having a baby.  Anyway, I decided that I wanted to have my bedding made, nothing against pre-made bedding, just wanted it to be one-of-a-kind. 

First I found my inspiration at a site I absolutely love...Lay Baby Lay.  The site features posts with themes (I use this term loosely; you don't look at any of them and say, "Oh, that's a _________ theme."), maybe I should call them concepts instead of themes.  Anyway, the posts show different room components such as crib, artwork, lighting, rugs, throw pillows,etc.  I'm kind of a vintage/rustic girl, so I fell for the rustic farmer concept.  Now mind you I don't have anything that is exactly like anything posted, just used it as a design board.

So, I searched etsy for a quilt, found it (kind of).  Border had flowers, and because husband is a flower-phob, we're having it custom made without the floral border and squares.  Next, came fabric :)  I won't really talk about it much because you can see for yourself.  Would like to point out though, the dust ruffle fabric is a pale yellow ticking (hard to tell in picture) and the sheet is minky dot.  Think I may get a minky dot sheet made for my bed too, it's wonderful.  Also ordered a couple of fabrics that will be used in the quilt.  You'll see those at the end.


Found this old milk crate and vintage magazine cover at an antique store that will go nicely with our vintage/rustic concept.


Fabrics that Coordinate with "The" quilt from etsy :)


More to come in issue II of Nursery News!

1 comment:

Haven said...

Love everything! Can't wait to see the nursery!