Friday, June 17, 2011

Pregnancy So Far

So, if you don't know already, we're pregnant. Yay!  Anyway, as a record for me and my sweet little bundle of joy  I've been meaning to chronicle our journey to D-Day (due date :)) Well, we're already to week 13 and I have yet to start this so I figured if I'm gonna, I better.  I'm going to just sum up the first trimester and then I'll do a weekly post.  I'm "stealing" my weekly post format from a friend of friend whose blog I enjoy reading.

Pregnancy so Far:

  • 13 weeks 3 days
  • Not totally sure about weight gain, but I think I'm around 3-4lbs gained 
  • No maternity clothes yet, I don't really look "pregnant" just like I can't back away from the table.  I do have to wear the little band with some of my pants and bought a couple of things a size bigger.
  • Cravings?  Um, I haven't really craved things...oh what I am I saying.  I have eaten the heck out of some avocado.  I could eat it on just about everything.
  • I must say compared to what some people say the experience during their 1st trimester I was very lucky. I was very nauseous the first 2-3 weeks and then I have just the occasional bout of nausea.  When I have it, it's miserable, but most days I'm good.  Now the exhaustion is crazy!  I'm so glad that summer came when it did.  Daily naps are a must around my house.  
  • I think the thing I'm looking forward to the most right now is finding out the gender...I can't wait to get to decorate :)  But for now, I guess I should just clean out.
  • We are crazy excited, and I'm sure this will be an interesting journey. My favorite phrase has been, "Honey, I'm pregnant.  Could you __________________?"  I've also explained that he pretty much will owe me for the rest of our lives :)

1 comment:

ambersmith said...

Awe! Congrats I am so excited for you! Can't wait to keep up with you and the sweet baby!