Thursday, July 28, 2011

Table Manners


You know, down here in the south we may talk a little bit slower, but you know our Mama's teach us our manners.  Well, after I saw this little advertisement that showed like a fourth of a piece of an artwork that inspired this little bit of loveliness.  It reminded me fondly of hearing my mother pound  gently encourage good table manners into part of our everyday life.  So being from the south and recollecting these very phrases coming from the mouth of my darling mother, and yes, Haven, from my many experiences in 4-H when we were expected to go on our trips and dine as if we had a little class and didn't hop off the bus without shoes on, this little gem was born.

I must say she is cute, Steve even commented that he REALLY liked it.  I must admit, I have caught myself staring across the living room and looking at the buffet to admire.  It's funny how a few little words can remind you of a "sweet spot" in your past.  And thank you mother for teaching me how to be polite at the dinner table, it has indeed come in handy...who would have known?

3 comments:

Haven said...

Thank goodness for mamas and 4H! Very, Very cute!

ambersmith said...

Love it! Ok when are you going to open a shop up on Etsy so I can start shopping?

Anonymous said...

How neat!! Very Cute!! Congrats on your baby boy as well! I loved how you all made the great reveal!! Too fun!!