Thursday, December 8, 2011

BIG News

So we went for an ultrasound Monday and Dr. Tuesday.  Needless to say it's been a pretty busy week at the Oglesby casa.  The ultrasound tech surprised us by showing a 4-D image of this sweet boy.

This melts my heart, the ultrasound is fun in and of itself, but seeing a more lifelike image of MY baby, words can't describe!
Kind of hard to see a whole lot, but if you look close you can see a precious little face.  We had decided not to do the 4-D which is usually done about 30-32 weeks, but she gave us a sneak peek.  So due to the lack of room that little Hughes has its not the clearest picture and he looks a little squished.  She shocked us big time when she told us he already was measuring 7lbs 7oz.  WOW!  I guess I make healthy babies :)  The ultrasound tech kept saying, he doesn't have any room in there!  To which I thought, you're telling me.  My belly feels so hard, you could probably throw a ball at it and it would bounce right off.

Then came the Dr. visit.  We thought we were just going in to for our weekly check, which is not the most glamourous or comfortable thing if you ask me.  If you're giving me a been there done that, I now understand and feel your pain.  Men, you owe us for carrying your offspring...you owe us BIG!!  Anyhoo, I digress, we were about to fall out of our seats when he told us to come in on Monday to have a baby.  He had originally told us we'd discuss it at 39 weeks which is next week, so when he dropped the bomb, our jaws dropped to the floor.  Mercy, doesn't he know I'm pregnant and he shouldn't just throw that on me.  I'm still recovering.  Anyway, we settled on next Thursday instead.  So please set your calendars for prayer and celebration, December 15th, over the birth of Samuel "Hughes" Oglesby!

I've had a couple of freak out moments when the reality of the fact that I'm going to be bringing a real live child home has been slightly overwhelming.  Don't get me wrong, I'm/we are ready, but when you've never done this, its a little scary.  I felt like I did at the beginning of my pregnancy when I took my first test and kept looking at it over and over to make sure it still said I was pregnant.  Only now, I just have to look down and my proof is still there!

So that's where we are, Dec. 15th, unless he decides to make his appearance before then, and who knows, they say the full moon is Saturday!

Have a good daisy!


No comments: