Thursday, December 8, 2011

Nursery News...Issue 5

Yes, I know 3 posts in one night, a little over board maybe but I'm trying to catch up.  Just wanted to show you this little gem...
Insert cat calls & whistles here :)
This rocker was a broken down mess when we got it, and to be honest, I wasn't sure it could be salvaged.  I don't have any before pics anymore.  The sweetest of husbands surprised me one day with an iPhone so I don't have any pictures left.  Anyway, this rocker came from my great-grandmother Brock's home.  We really don't know how old she is, but she's no spring chicken folks.  A local man in our community took this project on, completely took her apart and put her back together.  I painted her arms and legs to match one of the fabrics in the room, we took her back and she got her upholstery on :)  Friends, this rocker is seamless, and I couldn't be more happy to preserve a piece of my mom's family.  If you'll notice the pillow in the chair.  It's another little piece of family.  My other great grandmother on my mom's side made the quilt that it was made from.  It was falling to pieces, so mom cut out enough to make a pillow from.  She also made a little bear.  And mom herself crocheted the beautiful afghan that's hanging on the rocker.  As soon as I finish up getting things put away in the nursery, I'll give you the total reveal.  Be patient, I'm trying :)

No comments: