Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Timeless treasures

Steve and I are truly blessed people. Our life together has been more than wonderful and we have been very fortunate to be surrounded and loved by wonderful family, friends, church, and now we are blessed with the birth of this little man.


I wanted to share a few things withyou that we have been given to celebrate Hughes' birth that are so special and are going on my list of gift ideas.

The first is this precious book, On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman.



Our sweet friends Bo & Tori gave this to us and we had our first family story time on the night Hughes was born. The story simply makes a point to say how special the birth of a child is. I think this will be one of those stories that we will always read on Hughes' birthday!

The next is another book (yes, I have a thing for books) entitled The True Night Before Christmas by Timothy Poland. Uncle Shane & Aunt Debbie brought this sweet book to little Hughes man when they came to visit at the hospital.



This book is exactly what it says, the real Christmas story, but written in the same rhythmic manner of the children's classic The Night Before Christmas. I also love that the illustrations are created by a child, the authors granddaughter. This will be a part of our Christmas Eve tradition with our children from now on.

My mom loved it so much she went out and bought it the next day for some family gifts.

The last is a gift for mom (also from Uncle Shane & Aunt Debbie). They brought me this beautiful bracelet that I can add beads to. They started with a mom and son bead and an 'h' for my little buddy Hughes. I'm thinking husband might need to remember this around mother's day & birthday :)



And last but certainly not least is the "WubbaNub."  Out little man ADORES his!

I bought the blue puppy after seeing a friend who had one.  And "Auntie Alyssa" gave Hughes the frog. Seems kind of a silly thing but they are so wonderful, if Hughes lets go of his paci it doesn't really go anywhere.  He already holds on to the puppy for dear life and we aren't picking up a paci every 5 seconds.  So if you know someone who is about to have a baby, they NEED this!

So have you ever given or received a really special gift? Share it with me in a comment.

Have a good daisy!

No comments: